Citizen    Government    Business    Visitor
Wyoming Water Development Commission 
Harry C. LaBonde, Jr., PE, Director 
6920 Yellowtail Rd, Cheyenne, WY 82002 
Phone: 307-777-7626 

Agency Information
 Mission Statement
 Commission Agendas & Minutes
 Consultant Selection
 Items Open for Public Comment
 Operating Criteria
 Project Application Information
 Send Us Your Comments

Planning Program
 Dam and Reservoir Planning
 Groundwater Grant Projects
 Instream Flow Filings
 Current Planning Projects
 River Basin Planning
 Weather Modification Study
 Probable Maximum Precipitation
 Water Research Projects

Construction Program
 Current Construction Projects
 Small Water Projects

Agency Publications
 Project Reports
 Water/Climate Web Atlas
 Irrigation & Water System Surveys
 Legislative Reports
 Water Mgmnt & Conservation Dir
 History of Wyoming Water Law

WWDC Home Page

Water Plan Home Page

WRDS Home Page

Active Projects

 06. PROJECT:Bairoil Water Supply
SPONSOR:Town of Bairoil
LOCATION:Carbon County
PROGRAM:New Development
Purpose Chapter Session Account Appropriation Due Date
Level II 81 1999 I $225,000 2000

The town of Bairoil is seeking to separate from its supplemental municipal supply from the Battle Springs Pipeline, operated by BP-Amoco, by developing alternative groundwater supplies, and enhancing the town's original Abel Springs source. BP-Amoco has sold the Lost Soldier Oil Field operations to Merit Energy. This poses an uncertain future for a significant portion of Bairoil's water supply which taps the Battle Springs Pipeline. With 1999 WWDC Level II funds, a production-sized test well was drilled which proved to be a viable supply. Deep groundwater sources are difficult to find because of the variable aquifer supply quantities available and widespread occurrence of uranium deposits which adversely affect radionuclide levels. The town wishes to purchase the test well as a supply well, construct necessary transmission facilities, and implement efforts to enhance flows derived from the original Abel Springs source.

The WWDC recommends the project be advanced to Level III in the New Development Program with an appropriation of $480,000 and provide a special condition to allow purchase of the test well by the town for $44,000 (40% of cost) for a term of 30 years at 7.25%. The financing plan includes a 60% grant at $480,000. The remaining 40% of project funding will come from other sources.

   Citizen    Government    Business    Visitor   Privacy Policy