Citizen    Government    Business    Visitor
Wyoming Water Development Commission 
Harry C. LaBonde, Jr., PE, Director 
6920 Yellowtail Rd, Cheyenne, WY 82002 
Phone: 307-777-7626 

Agency Information
 Mission Statement
 Commission Agendas & Minutes
 Consultant Selection
 Items Open for Public Comment
 Operating Criteria
 Project Application Information
 Send Us Your Comments

Planning Program
 Dam and Reservoir Planning
 Groundwater Grant Projects
 Instream Flow Filings
 Current Planning Projects
 River Basin Planning
 Weather Modification Study
 Probable Maximum Precipitation
 Water Research Projects

Construction Program
 Current Construction Projects
 Small Water Projects

Agency Publications
 Project Reports
 Water/Climate Web Atlas
 Irrigation & Water System Surveys
 Legislative Reports
 Water Mgmnt & Conservation Dir
 History of Wyoming Water Law

WWDC Home Page

Water Plan Home Page

WRDS Home Page

Project Reports

 37. PROJECT:Gillette Storage & East End Transmission Improvements
LEVEL:New Application
SPONSOR:City of Gillette
LOCATION:Campbell County
PROGRAM:New Development

The City of Gillette would like to accelerate construction of the recommended Phase III improvements, as identified in the Gillette Area Master Plan. The new storage reservoir will allow the city to meet maximum daily demands and provide sufficient fire flows. This reservoir will provide two days of storage if the 43 mile long Madison pipeline were to be out of service.

Construction of the east end transmission pipeline will complete a major loop in the city's transmission system and will provide needed fire protection to this area of town. This improvement was also identified in the Gillette Area Master Plan.

The WWDC recommends that the projects be introduced as a Level III new development project. The recommended funding is grant funds in the amount of $2,040,000 which represents 60% of the project costs. The City of Gillette will provide the remaining 40% funding from other sources.

   Citizen    Government    Business    Visitor   Privacy Policy