Citizen    Government    Business    Visitor
Wyoming Water Development Commission 
Harry C. LaBonde, Jr., PE, Director 
6920 Yellowtail Rd, Cheyenne, WY 82002 
Phone: 307-777-7626 

Agency Information
 Mission Statement
 Commission Agendas & Minutes
 Consultant Selection
 Items Open for Public Comment
 Operating Criteria
 Project Application Information
 Send Us Your Comments

Planning Program
 Dam and Reservoir Planning
 Groundwater Grant Projects
 Instream Flow Filings
 Current Planning Projects
 River Basin Planning
 Weather Modification Study
 Probable Maximum Precipitation
 Water Research Projects

Construction Program
 Current Construction Projects
 Small Water Projects

Agency Publications
 Project Reports
 Water/Climate Web Atlas
 Irrigation & Water System Surveys
 Legislative Reports
 Water Mgmnt & Conservation Dir
 History of Wyoming Water Law

WWDC Home Page

Water Plan Home Page

WRDS Home Page

Active Projects

 95. PROJECT:Sheridan Raw Water Supply
SPONSOR:City of Sheridan
LOCATION:Sheridan County
PROGRAM:New Development
Purpose Chapter Session Account Appropriation Due Date
Level II 82 1998 I $35,000 2000

The City of Sheridan presently irrigates the Sheridan Cemetery with treated water from the city system. This causes an unnecessary demand on the treatment and delivery system. The city has acquired and transferred a water right to a potential diversion point on Big Goose Creek adjacent to the cemetery. The Joint Powers Board and the city are required under the Twin Lakes Reservoir 404 Permit to install water conservation measures. This project will conserve treated waster and help address the permit condition. The study looked at the feasibility of constructing a diversion, pump plant and transmission line to convey water from Big Goose Creek to the cemetery. The total estimated cost of the project is $1,143,300.

The WWDC recommends that the project be advanced to Level III status with a 1999 appropriation of $686,000. The financing plan includes a 60% grant, $686,000. The remaining 40% or the loan portion will be funded from local sources and will be the responsibility of the city.

   Citizen    Government    Business    Visitor   Privacy Policy