Citizen    Government    Business    Visitor
Wyoming Water Development Commission 
Harry C. LaBonde, Jr., PE, Director 
6920 Yellowtail Rd, Cheyenne, WY 82002 
Phone: 307-777-7626 

Agency Information
 Mission Statement
 Commission Agendas & Minutes
 Consultant Selection
 Items Open for Public Comment
 Operating Criteria
 Project Application Information
 Send Us Your Comments

Planning Program
 Dam and Reservoir Planning
 Groundwater Grant Projects
 Instream Flow Filings
 Current Planning Projects
 River Basin Planning
 Weather Modification Study
 Probable Maximum Precipitation
 Water Research Projects

Construction Program
 Current Construction Projects
 Small Water Projects

Agency Publications
 Project Reports
 Water/Climate Web Atlas
 Irrigation & Water System Surveys
 Legislative Reports
 Water Mgmnt & Conservation Dir
 History of Wyoming Water Law

WWDC Home Page

Water Plan Home Page

WRDS Home Page

Active Projects

 97. PROJECT:Sheridan Big Goose Water Supply
SPONSOR:City of Sheridan
LOCATION:Sheridan County
PROGRAM:New Development
Purpose Chapter Session Account Appropriation Due Date
Level II 82 1998 I $75,000 2000

The water supply system for the Sheridan area is operated by both the Sheridan Area Water System Joint Powers Board (SAWSJPB) and the city of Sheridan. The diversion is operated by Sheridan and delivers water to the SAWSJPB water treatment plant and to the city of Sheridan water treatment plant. During peak demand and during turbid water conditions the diversion and presedimentation facilities cannot meet the system demand. The study will determine the required facility expansion, prepare preliminary designs and cost estimates and prepare the project reports.

The WWDC contracted with MSE-HKM to conduct the Level II analysis. The Level II analysis recommended improvements and expansion of the existing diversion facilities from Big Goose Creek. The city has requested funding of these improvements.

The WWDC recommends the project be advanced to Level III in the New Development Program with an appropriation of $1,587,000. The financing plan includes a 60% grant, $1,587,000 and the remaining 40% , $1,058,000 would be funded from local sources.

   Citizen    Government    Business    Visitor   Privacy Policy