Pioneer Canal and Laramie River by Tony Bergantino
WWDC Home Page

Agency Information
 Mission Statement
 Commission Agendas & Minutes
 Consultant Information
 Items Open for Public Comment
 Rules and Operating Criteria
 Project Application Information
 Emergency Water Projects Prog
 Send Us Your Comments

Planning Program
 Dam and Reservoir Planning
 Groundwater Grant Projects
 Instream Flow Filings
 Current Planning Projects
 River Basin Planning
 Critical Irrigation Infrastructure
 Watershed Studies
 Weather Modification
 Probable Maximum Precipitation
 Water Research Projects

Construction Program
 Current Construction Projects
 Small Water Projects

Agency Products
 Project Reports
 Interactive Maps
 GIS Data & Standards
 Wyoming Reservoirs Status
 Irrigation & Water System Surveys
 Legislative Reports
 Water Mgmnt & Conservation Dir
 History of Wyoming Water Law

Water Plan Home Page

WRDS Home Page

Email Updates

Emergency Water Projects Program

Emergency water projects (EWPs) shall consist only of repair, replacement or maintenance that is required for irrigation infrastructure* which is rendered or likely to be rendered permanently inoperable due to an act of God including fire, earthquake, hurricane, storm or other similar natural disaster or phenomena or an unforeseen or impending natural or man-made event that requires immediate action to prevent a threat to or loss of life or property.

Only political subdivisions that own or have the legal responsibility to operate or maintain irrigation infrastructure shall be eligible for EWP funding.

The total amount awarded for EWP shall not exceed three million dollars ($3,000,000.00) per fiscal biennium. The maximum grant amount awarded for EWP shall not exceed seventy-five percent (75%) of the total EWP costs, the remaining twenty-five percent (25%) may be funded by the Commission in the form of a loan. The term of a loan shall not exceed fifty (50) years and interest shall provide a reasonable return and shall not be less than four percent (4%). The Commission shall include the total amount of all EWP grant or loan funds provided under this subsection and subtract that total from the maximum allowable grant under Wyoming Statute § 41-2-121(a)(ii)(E)(I) for a subsequent Water Development project involving the same entity (Sponsor) and project components.

*Irrigation infrastructure includes dams, canals, ditches, pipelines, aqueducts, tunnels, pumping stations, drainage and flow regulating structures.

   Citizen    Government    Business    Visitor   Privacy Policy